We love working with young people and are committed to helping them open up and talk about their problems. We know how to help young people feel better.
Armadale Psychology psychologists are highly trained in working with children and adolescents. Many young people are confronted with psychological and emotional difficulties that make day-to-day life difficult. While most parents are aware when their child is struggling, they’re often not sure how best to help their child. At other times parents have the necessary knowledge and best intentions, but young people just don’t feel comfortable discussing their problems with their parents – they need independent support.
At Armadale, we provide specialist support to help children and adolescents overcome their difficulties and reach their potential. We understand young people and are experienced in working with them.
We can help young people with:
- Anxiety problems, including worry, panic attacks, social anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive symptoms
- Self-esteem issues
- Body image issues
- School refusal
- Friendship and relationship difficulties, including bullying
- Social difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Issues with attention, concentration, impulsivity and hyperactivity
- Cognitive and educational assessments
- Learning difficulties, including dyslexia and dyscalculia
- Exam and school stress
- Study and time management skills
- Behavioural problems
- Anger management
- Sleep issues
Parents and families can also experience stress and strain when their children encounter psychological and emotional difficulties. We are available to support parents and families and help them cope better during these challenging times.
If you would like to find out more about our services with children and adolescents, please contact us today. We’re here to help.